From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 22:16:06 -0700
To reinforce Kim's point:

It came to my attention a few years ago that mineral oil is readily
absorbed through the skin, and also the digestive tract. Which causes
me to question whether it is very healthy, since it is in fact a
product of mineral distillation, much like petroleum jelly, motor
oil, and gasoline.

The World Health Organization labels mineral oil as a Class 1 to a
Class 3 carcinogen (depending on the particular formulation and how
refined it is).

I'm not trying to be alarmist, but given that it is readily absorbed
through skin I have to wonder why they still let companies sell it as
"baby oil". I wouldn't put that stuff on my baby. Much less FEED that
stuff to anything.

Lonny Eachus