From:
True Freak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:41:10 -0500
I have 3 ferrets - all 5 months old.  They have a huge custom cage -
6'3"tall x 4'wide x 1'6" deep - 5 full levels 1 half level.  There is
a litter box (the blue Marshall ones) on every other level.  They get
cleaned out every other day (or every day if messy).

Up until about 1 month ago, everything was fine...I had on average 2
misses a month.  Then it went completely wrong.  Two of my ferrets have
decided that they need to go just outside the box on the lowest level
that they have access to...whatever level that is at the time(I closed
off a couple levels to try and see if it was something with the bottom
level).

I have tried several tactics: Thorough cleaning of the box and
surrounding areas, moving the box to the corner they were using, placing
a slept on blanket under the box and surrounding areas, getting a bigger
box, catching them in the act and putting them in the box with treat upon
completion.

So far nothing has worked.  I can't think of anything that has changed to
cause this.

I am hoping that someone can suggest something I haven't thought of.

True Freak & Arthur(The good son :), Ford, & Trillian.