From:
Greg Hastings <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 1994 16:03:00 -0600
Sorry we haven't had time to introduce ourselves since joining the FML.
I do have to say that reading the back issues has been more informative
than any of the numerous ferret books that I have read!

We have ten ferret ranging in age from 5 months to 5 years.  Right now
we are concerned about Winky (short for Bullwinkle Moose).  He is
constipated, going from litter box to litter box trying and trying with
nothing happening.  This has happened before and we rushed him to the
vet fearing some kind of blockage.  $200 later he pooped on his own and
seemed to straighten out.  Chanch of blockage for this ferret is
probably less than normal as he's never been a toy chewer (just hider),
the treats he likes are more mainstream than some of our others (raisins
being high on his list), no milk products at all.  He has no other
symtoms.  any ideas?  Any good ferret laxatives?  How do you give a
feret an enema?

Any thoughts appreciated
Greg, Alice
* Pinecliffe BBS - 104/28 in Fidonet        pinecliffe.com *
* 303-642-7463                          Sysop: Craig Baker *