Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:47:22 -0500
>From:    Angela and Darryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>All of us as Ferret Owners are an elite group of people.  A ferret takes
>more responsibility than a dog, cat, aquariums, snakes, lizards, and
>most birds.

NOT.  Dog, cat, fish, reptile, and bird people will likely disagree with
you strongly.  I have kept all of the above, and ferrets are not more
responsibility.  Please.  Painting "ferret people" as some kind of
elitists will do nothing to gain support from people who do not know
about ferrets.  It will only get us branded as some kind of weirdo pet
snobs.

>A ferret is mostly a Family member.  The ferret is all about interaction
>and Quality time with their owners.

So are dogs, cats, and birds.  Reptiles and fish do not likely care
whether they are "family" or not, but they do require specialized care
and just as much responsibility from their owners as ferrets.

I've heard this sort of thing before... "Ferrets are more work than X".
"Ferrets are more special than X".  "Ferrets are delicate little
creatures that will die if you look at them wrong."

Ferrets ARE great pets, as long as you know what to expect and how to
take care of them.  They are not "more special" or "more responsibility".
They are just different.  I suppose I should qualify that with "IMO",
because I'm sure there are many who disagree.  I'm just presenting
another point of view not often heard...

Karen
Whatever I held onto, I'm ready to let go
Burn my bridges, and dance within the flames
All of my wrong choices have lead my heart back home
To the love that swallows up my pain
So hold me close in Your arms of mercy
Look inside, show me what You see.
Touch my life, and I will stop my searching
And find that place in You, that waits for me
                                -- Kim Hill
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.ferretwise.org
My personal site: