From:
Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 10:33:05 -0500
Lorie,

First let me say I "don't" know you and you "don't" know me, but people
who really "do" know me, know that I "do" say what is on my mind and
how I feel.

What you were able to accomplish by way of getting the DMK kids away
from and off of the DM farm was a great thing. BUT, there are still may
people out there in the ferret community (myself included) that still
feel that this was all about, YOU, YOU, YOU. The original DMK rescue
group had many resources lined up to be utilized for the rescue such
as having the DMK kids altered as soon as they were off the "farm" and
giving them their vaccinations BEFORE they went to the rescues/shelters
who were willing to take them in. DId you utilize these resources that
were being offered to you? NO, you did not. Did you know they were
there? YES you did.

You asked for donations and money for the care and well being of the
DMK FERRETS. These ARE the key words, DMK FERRETS, the donations were
sent for them, NOT for you. Did you receive more item donations than
you needed? Yes you did. Did you use the over abundance of items
(cages, bedding, food bowels, water bottles, etc) for the DMK kids?
NO, you didn't.

These items (cages, bedding, water bottles, food bowels, etc.) should
have been distributed to the shelters who took in the DMK kids who
ALSO needed them as these items were sent for the KIDS, "NOT you. You
admitted to having a yard sale to sell things off, you stated it didn't
go well. So where ARE all these unused donations? We have no idea, only
you know where they are, and WE the ferret community would like to
know.

Was money sent to you (by individuals and organizations) for the DMK
Kids to use for neutering and spaying, shots, ADV testing and medical
care? YES it was. Was it used for that purpose, for ALL the DMK kids?
No it wasn't because the rescues/shelters were TOLD that they were
solely responsible to financially take care of this on their own.

Did you know what rescues/shelters were going to take these kids in to
lessen the burden off of you? Yes you did as they needed to contact you
and/or your rep, fill out the contract BEFORE the kids were picked up
or delivered.

Most of these rescues/shelters have never dealt with WHOLE/UN-ALTERED
ferrets. You being an "EX" ferret breeder know the complications that
come with whole female ferrets. Did you share this knowledge with ALL
of these rescues/shelters? Appearently not as I have received numerous
e-mails and some phone calls asking for help and information after I
extended my offer give help and information on many yahoo groups and I
also believe the FML. This was one way I helped out.

Did I take any of these kids into my rescue? NO I didn't as at the time
I legally couldn't. But did I help out? YES I did. I never sent YOU a
donation but what I did do was box up all the bedding I had left for
sale to take care of my own kids and sent them to a rescue/shelter who
did take some of the DMK kids in and need them. This was the other way
I helped.

Now, you ask yourself HOW do I know a lot of this? I have friends who
were at your place to help and others who DID take in some of the DMK
Kids.

Please remember, this is NOT about YOU. This is about the DMK kids, the
people who helped and the rescues/shelters who took in the bulk of the
DMK kids, for with out them, this rescue would never have happened.

Anyone who wants to FLAME me, go ahead, but PLEASE do it in PRIVATE
e-mails.

Thank You,

Debi
Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue

One last note, I'm speaking from IMO, I do not speak for the
organization I belong to so PLEASE do NOT bother them about my
opinion as their's may be different.