From:
Caroline Worrall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 12:59:50 -0700
On litterbox digging:  I've found that lining the litter box with
newspaper instead of litter works just as well (except it needs
to be changed a little more often).  Sarah seems to have no need
to bury her 'leavings,' so she doesn't care what I use in the litter
box.

On Northern Exposure:  I have seen the episode with the ferret running
around in the apartment at the party, and personally, I was furious.
Ed(?) after picking up the ferret and snuggling it, states that it's
a wild animal and doesn't belong inside where it can be frightened.
a) it's a mighty rare occurance when Sarah is frightened, especially
when inside and certainly not by people and
b) they're not wild animals and stating that they are on national TV
spoils a lot of work that us ferret owners have done.  I have been
countered several times when I tell people that Sarah is not a wild
animal with "they said so on Northern Exposure."  (I believe that
TV rules most of our society's viewpoint anyway, but that's a
different story.)

To say the least, that was the last episode of Northern Exposure I
watched.

Well, that's my $0.02.  I had to get it out because I've been p.o.ed
at N.E. for quite some time.

Thanks
Caroline (Sarah's well-trained pet)