From:
Wayne Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 01:59:56 -0000
Hi to all.

Before I introduce Lector I would like Sandee to pass on a message for me.
Some time ago a little girl called Lottie came to you and I would be happy
if you could remind her that I love her very much and that I think of her
often.  If she looks into the crystal pool and sees me playing with another
ferret then she is not to be sad or jealous for he cannot replace her and
never will.  Thanks Sande, you're fab.

So, an introduction to a new FML fert called Lector.

Now before anyone reading this goes nuts, the relevant people have been
informed to deal with the shop in question.

Lector is an adult male, young but of unclear age.  He is albino, poorly
sighted but well fed and active.  He is, at the moment, an only fert but
will, when ready, find another friend joining him.

Poor Lector was dumped in a reptile pet store were he was never going to be
seen by a possible new carer, lets face it, who goes to a reptile shop to
buy a ferret.  I caught wind of Lectors plight and was told that if he was
not sold by Christmas he would become snake food.  He is a big ferret and
would have cause substantial injury to a snake were he to defend himself
against one.  It is unlikely that the snake in question would have been
too pleased to be fed dead ferret, it would have been injured by a live
and active one so there is only one other option when it comes to using
ferrets as snake food and I shall leave that to your imagination.

I have to admit that Lector has not had the best of care in the past and
has a tendency to bite anything that moves (and not in a playful way)
but I could not leave him to the snake.  As a result, here I am with an
aggressive and half blind ferret.

He has improved over the last week and is beginning to trust me, though
going is tough.  Once he has sufficient trust and is a little more settled
I shall take him to my local ferret vet for a full check and vaccination
plan.

I shall let you know how it goes.

A ferret bitten and battle stained

Wayne + Lector.