From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:35:32 +1000
My kitchen is being renovated, and has only finishing touches to go.

The new cupboards are ferret proof!  - Because the kickboard is about 6"
high, the ferrets can not open them by lying on their backs and scratching
at them!  I was expecting to have to get extra locks attached to the
cupboards, but now I don't need them.  Well, at least until they figure
out a new method to open cupboards.

I used to keep the rubbish (plastic bag ) on top of the bench.  Now I have
a chute in the sink for the rubbish, - so rubbish is hidden, and I only
need to open the cupboard to get the rubbish out.  Much nicer all round!

During the work, I kept the ferrets in a cage - (they usually are free
roam) .  But naturally I showed them off to all the tradesmen who were
involved!  Every night I went round the kitchen and covered any holes.
Some nights they had to stay in the back room with the door closed.

I admit to one major panic.  I had closed the new sliding door to the
kitchen, and for the first hour was paranoid about it, but it was always
closed, with the ferrets on my side of that door.  Two hours later I get
up and find the door open.  I see the kitten in the kitchen and Princess
heading into the back room.  So where is Clover??!??!?  I scooped up
Princess, thrust her into the cage, did a mad rush through the house,
(and outside).  I even phoned a friend to come over to help me search.

So where is Clover?  I had a thought.  Naturally, she was curled up in the
blankets in the top level of the cage.

Little rat.

Sandra, Clover, Princess and Gemma