From:
miss knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:27:46 -0400
Hello...

I am normally just a lurker here, but figured I should finally post
something.  My name is Amy & I live in southern Maine with my fuzzy buddy,
Oscar & his 3 feline friends.  Oscar was a stray, I found him outside last
summer near a burning church in Saco.  He was a love from the beginning,
never a biter or aggresive at all.  We were fast friends from the get-go.

Oscar has some "habits" and since this is my first ferret-roommate, I
thought I would share them with you and and see if anyone has any advice:

1) Oscar is difficult to litter train.  He will go in the box in his cage,
but loves to pee & poop next to the door, in the cabinets, and mostly UNDER
MY COUCH.

2) Oscar loves to dig at & chew on my ankles and toes, as well as the
mutts of my 3 cats.  The cats don't seem to mind, this just starts the
fun chasing game with them, and Oscar runs around backwards like a madman.
They have lots of fun, but I can't even watch a movie without him nibbling
at our ankles!!  AHhh.  it's cute & he seems amused, but it gets kind of
annoying.

3) Yes, Oscar crawls into the couch and digs at my back where I am leaning.
Again, I know he is enjoying himself hugely, but this worries me.  ANy
materials you can think of that he cant dig thru?  I can replace that
meshy stuff.

ANy ideas?  Hints?  Suggestions?  Advice?  Thanks all!

Amy & Oscarbutt