From:
The Hintons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:48:00 -0700
Baxter and Minka take showers.  I have found with my two, they don't like
being in standing water and we have one of those detachable shower heads
so I bring it down and instead of getting a regular bath, they each get a
shower.  They put their front paws on my hand while I wet them down with
the shower thingie (on gentle spray) then they get soaped up and then
rinsed the same way.  They seem to like it just fine, otherwise they hate
being in the water!  (Unless of course it is Baxter and the hose is on
outside creating a muddy area for him to dig in.  Then water is a perfectly
acceptable play toy!)  One thing I have noticed is that Bax and Minka have
totally opposite reactions to baths.  Minka will tolerate the shower time,
but then for the next hour or so she is completely wild.  I can barely dry
her off she is rubbing and rearranging fur so much, on the other hand
Baxter is not fond of being wet.  He just sits very still until I am done
drying him off.  This is about the only time I can get Baxter's claws
clipped since at no other time will he be still enough (without biting)
for me to do it.  I have always wanted to see ferrets who like to play in
water.  I keep hoping I can convince Bax and Minka that water is good, but
thus far they are completely in denial of the "otter" parts of their family
tree.

joanne & minkarue & baxter too!