From:
Ashael Rave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 13:19:24 -0700
Well, its been some time since my last post, and some new things are on
the move.  the first one is a sad story that for now seems to get better
(updates to come), and a happy story that just began :o)

On Thursday evening, 13.8, i recived a phone call from a father of a
classmate of mine.  he holds a "dog-jail" (?) for the local authorities,
and he asked me to come see a little jill that was found in the street of
Naharia.  i have been looking for a female for some time, so i hurried
there to see her.

The jill was a quite small sable girl, and looked very nice, so we decided
to try and see how she reacts to human touch.  now this was NOT a good
decision.  the moment we opened the little cage, she caught my finger and
bit it very hard.  I'm dealing quite a lot with animals, so i got bitten
quite a lot, but boy, she was biting hard!  we had to pour cold water on her
back to make her leave my finger.  this female was obviously abused.  i was
really sorry for her, but im afraid i still dont know enough to take care
of a poor little feller like her.  i had to leave her there. :o(

Since she is not totally recognized as a pet here, she will not be executed,
and after the bite (i later discovered she already attacked people this way)
she had to be kept for 10 days in sighting.

Today, Saturday 15th, me and my parents went to a very big animals and
plants store to look for a few things for my little Fuzzy.  The moment we
entered the animals section, i noticed a cage with two ferrets inside, a
jill and a hob.  i was also happy to hear what the keeper told me of the
ferrets, since this gave me a good indication for the good care they get in
that store.  the jill was adorable and very tiny.  my mom fell in love with
her in no time, and so we decided she will be our new family member.  we
bought her and brought her home.  She now sleeps one meter away from me, in
a new cage, soon to be opened and set as the ferrets house.  Fuzzy sleeps
near the cage, in his favorite cloth.

i was still thinking at the little abused jill when i called Yaniv of Tel
Aviv, to tell him about the new family member and to ask for some
instructions of how to let Fuzzy and the new baby meet (Yaniv owns 5
fuzzbeans right now).  Yaniv was quite happy and gave me the instructions i
needed.  then i told him about the little jill i saw, and how sorry i was
for leaving her there.  Yaniv told me right on the spot he intends to take
the little girl and to find her a good home with all the kindness she needs
in order to trust humans again.  I gave him the phone number and he told me
he'll call the man right after our talk.  This happened only one hour ago,
and im waiting for further developments soon.  i hope this sad story will
end in a good way for the little jill, and im glad i could do SOMETHING to
help her.  i will soon post some updates on Fuzzy and my new kid, and on
this cute poor girl.

Ashael, Fuzzy and new baby (name will be given soon)
dooks to all, and take care.