From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:05:35 EST
I got some good responses here on air purifiers and air filtration systems.
I was told that its dionerzers that contribute to ozone, etc.  Most of
these that I've listed do have a deionizer option to use if you like, but
you don't have to.  I do know that deionizers are not good for the lungs,
especially asthma.

I listed some suggestions I got from various FML'ers..  they are all
affordable.  I listed what options I know of for each brand.  I'm sure
most of them have similar options.  Some of these suggestions were made
by environmentally conscious people, people with allergies, and also by
ferret people that deal with multiple ferrets.

Ok... we got so far:

Bonaire

Holmes (with deonizer option, various speeds, I don't know about the
washable prefilter, etc)

Enviracaire (with deonizer option, various speeds, prefilter, and charcoal
for odor control)

Hunter (with deonizer option, various speeds, and prefilter)

Alpine Living Air systems

Interestingly, one person said they are using an older one from Sears
(don't know if its a deionizer or not though), and its almost 20 years
old...and is still working well.  so that is noteworthy.

Thank you so much for everyone's help.  I"m going to look into these
brands.  And if anyone has anything to add about these or others please
post them in the fml so we can all learn.  What ever I learn from hear on
out and is helpful, I will add to my allergy page on my site, and my odor
control page on my site.

As far as going through the archives, I have yet to have time to go that
far.  Thanks for that suggestion.

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/