From:
Ashael Rave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:05:26 -0800
Hey people and Furry beanies :o)

No, I do not intend to breed ferrets, both my kids are fixed.  just a
question out of curiosity and love of the subject, i didnt find the
answer in either the FAQ or other sites:

Is the ovulation in ferret jills spontaneous like in canines or
mating-triggered like in felines?  I know the heat period is long and
dangerous, so i thought that a triggered ovulation might raise the chances
of pregnancy thus reducing the danger, and wondered if it really is the
case.  If it IS triggered, what is the trigger itself?

Im just a post-HS guy with over-powering curiosity so i'd love to hear an
answer from someone who knows the subject. :o)

thnx in advance, huggies and kisses to all the kids,

Ashael, Fuzzy and Pitzi
Israel