Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:56:13 EDT
Ferret Lovers (fwd w/permission from Diane Campbell):

>The two I picked up are injured, ones left eye is out, cracked ribs showed
>up on xray, all front teeth are broken and she weighs in a little under
>3/4 of a pound.  Screams when you try to touch her or move towards her and
>bites out of pure fear of humans.  The other girl is in a little better
>health but still under a pound, and just as scared.  Mother of two boys
>under 12 called me when she found her boys in the barn (where they've been
>kept for almost two years), beating the first girl after she bit him.
>There is no money for vet care and she didn't want to have to have her
>husband kill the ferret to keep it from suffering more.  They are both in
>bad shape but are improving a little each day.  Neither ferret was ever
>named.

Folks, *please* make a donation to Diane Campbell's ferret shelter.  The
shelter is in fert overload, with a serious negative balance from getting
the 5 rescues in this past month, plus the other 20 sick or unwanted
ferrets she cares for.  $20-50 is a nice dinner out - a dinner out that
Diane can't even afford the luxury of...

This is a plea to anyone and everyone who has a ferret, had a ferret, wants
to have a ferret, knows someone who has/had a ferret, loves ferrets, or
hates ferrets.  (Did I reach EVERYone?!?)

We have been reading and hearing about all Diane Campbell and the TriFL
Club members and non-members are doing to help each and every lost, abused,
abandoned, sick, and lonely ferret that has come this way!  But we need the
help of EVERY person out there!  You do NOT have to be a TriFL Club Member.
You do NOT have to be owned by a ferret.  Each of you CAN do something to
lessen the burden on the people and the ferrets!  And you will feel better
for having done something to relieve this painful situation!

I understand if you are pressed for ca$h and can't make that kind of
donation...though every dollar or two is helpful!

But, please look in your ferret room and see if there isn't a bag of food
or treats that your ferts won't eat, or a toy they have tired of playing
with.  And dig in your drawers for a few old tee shirts, soft old
sweatpants with holes in the knees (those are just fert doorways!), and
jeans that have been washed so many times that they are now too short to
wear!  All of those throw-aways would be gratefully appreciated by Diane
and her Wards.  And then take a peek in your linen closet and see if there
aren't three or four kind of raggedy old towels that a tired, perhaps
recovering, ferret might curl up on and enjoy a restful night's
sleep...thanks to YOUR generosity!

Please send donations to:

Diane Campbell
The Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven