From:
Birgit van der Laan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:31:09 +0100
I'm a 'reader'of the FML, but when I saw the pictures of a ferret dressed
up, I decided to react on this one.  I can only feel sorry for those
ferrets dressed up.  I really don't understand why people should dress
up their ferrets.  When you want to buy clothes and dress up something,
please buy a doll instead of a ferret.  Clothes are for human, NOT for
ferrets.

A ferret is most beautiful being "naked" with his soft fur.  Not dressed
up like humans do.  And a ferret does not like it either.  Some accept it
and don't try to get the clothes of as quick as possible.  But I've never
heard of a ferret who opened his own closet and started to dress himself.
Why not?  Because it is not necessarily and not fun for a ferret.  Why
not accept the ferret the way he is?

I find it awful to read that there even is a "Ferret Couture Fashion
Show" coming up.  I really cant understand why ppl can have fun laughing
AT ferrets who are dressed up like a clown, looking ridiculous and don't
have any fun.  And if they do like it, it is not because of the clothes,
but because of the new exiting environment.

For me, dressing up ferrets or other animals 'just for fun' is a way of
showing that you don't see the animal as a animal anymore, but as a small
human.  You dont accept the animal the way it is and should be.  From
that point of view I would say: Please stop messing around with animals.
They are NO human beings and should NOT be dressed up like.