From:
THOMAS COLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:20:06 -0700
Enough already! While I am a relatively new member to the FML, and
don't post very often, the last few days posts have moved me to come
out and say a few things.

First, I read the FML for news and stories and generally whats going on
in the "greater" ferret community. If I get tips and ideas from what
other people post, that's a bonus. I really appreciate the fact that
there are decicated people out there who I have things in common
with and enjoy reading it immensely most of the time. However, I am
beginning to resent the implication that I or any other reader is going
to take advice or do something written in an email posting without
serious consideration and some applied common sense. I like to think
that most of us know that not everything we read is gospel, nor will
it work for everyone in every circumstance.

Second, it does no-one on this list any good to argue for days over
methods to stop biting, or any other subject for that matter. Since
normal is relative to reference points and everyone is entitled to
their own opinions and viewpoints, I am not one to critize anyone
else for theirs. I will make up my own mind using ALL of the resources
I have available to me on any subject I need/want more information
on. So will most of us. I will also reserve judgement if I don't have
enough pertinent information. In my opinion, arguing and back-biting
serves little purpose except to drive others away. In fact, I have
some friends who refuse to read the digest any more because of it.

Third is that Mr. Lapinski, and others like him, while sometimes
extreme, have their place on the FML too. While I don't agree or
condone some of his methods or practices, I must admit that I have
gleaned some information and some smiles from some of his postings
in the past. I discard what I don't agree with and go from there.
One thing I am sure of is that he can definitely elicite a response.

And Last, but not Least, if we all take a moment to ask ourselves a
question or two about what we post here, before we post it, we might
all get a little more out of it. Something along the lines of 'Does
this benefit the group at all?' and maybe 'Why is this important?' and
most importantly, 'Does this add something that hasn't been posted 20
times already?'

Thanks to all of you for putting up with my little rant. I don't mean
to be rude, and I am not a negative person, but I feel that all of this
needed to be said by someone somewhere. Can we talk about ferrets now?

Bonnie with the Col-Biz.