From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 16:16:33 -0400
This may be useful as an inclusion with related notes: there was a study
(I think in Japan if memory serves but I don't have the info handy)
indicating that this bacterium genus utilizes high nitrogen content food
in the stomach to create an ammonia bubble shield to protect itself from
stomach acid.  So, for the times when that bacterium is present in
conjunction with an ulcer that could be useful to take into account.  I
recall that plans were mentioned as being in effect for trying to find
a way to reduce or eliminate that shielding effect, but that report was
last year if I recall right so details escape me, though I think that the
report was in "Science".