From:
Kelleen & The FANG GANG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 08:12:36 -0700
Hi All,

I have seen a lot of posts recently about litterbox odor and kids playing in
it.  Well I found the solution to both problems in my house a few months
ago.  This might not work on ALL ferrets but what in the heck does??<GGG> So
here it is.

What worked for us was when my Mom bought us a box of **Arm & Hammer
litterbox deodorizer**.  Let me tell you this stuff is great on odors!!  I
have huge litterboxes under my couch that ALL 12 ferrets use every day.
These are the ONLY truly gross ones in the entire house out of 36
litterboxes!!  Before this product I would be laying on the couch and the
boxes are underneath it, and above them is right where my head lays.  After
only half a day I would smell the odor wafting up from under there.  Really
distracting when watching a good show let me tell you<G>!  So anyway this
stuff really, really works.  Once in awhile I can't get to those boxes until
two days has gone by and even with a lot of poody and tons of pee in there
the smell does not waft out even then.  I am never out of it now believe me.

Also when I fill the box with new clean litter over the old my kids love to
bury their heads in it and I expressly forbid this.  Once I sprinkle this
powder on the top of the litter tho they will not even try to do that.  It
smells quite good and they do not mind using it properly with the powder on
it but they do not play in it any longer.  So run out and spend less than $2
for a box of it and give it a try.  Worked wonders around here.  House NEVER
smells of litterboxes anymore like it used to always... Heaven....... TNT!!

       Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!