From:
"Tarie, Tic and Tack" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 03:05:30 EDT
Hi All,

My name is Tarie and I am the *mom* to a pair of beautiful little girls
named Minx and Fidget.  Minx is a Dark Sable (the oldest of the two) and
Fidget is a light Sable.  I am in desperate need of some help with these
girls.  They are the 2 surviving fuzzies out of 4 that I had.  I lost Jinx
in December to an unknown ailment and Taz (the baby of the bunch) in May
also to an unknown ailment.  I am scared to death that the 2 I have left
are gonna end up the same way.

Both of these fuzzies died in a very quick fashion.  They stopped eating
and drinking loosing half of their body weight in days.  I took both to
the vet and he was puzzled.  They did not have any tumors, infections,
blockages, or other detectable problems, yet within a week they died.  I
still have no idea why.

The two I have left are ok I think.  They play well, run and jump and have
lots of energy as well as great personalities.  Minx (is over 5 years) is a
lover.  She like to be held and kissed on and will often curl up in my lap
and sleep.  Fidget is about 8 months now and also love to be kissed and
cuddled.  My concern is this.  Neither of them seem to be very big.  I have
tried every food out there and the only one I can get either to eat is the
HARTZ FERRET DIET.  I don't think this is enough for them to put on any
weight.  We give them treats like banana, rasins, and cherrios but they
don't have any affect either.  Can someone tell me what this BOB'S CHICKEN
GRAVY is?  or perhaps suggest another food that will fatten these girls up
a bit?  Minx (the older one) also seems to shed a great deal of fur.  Her
tail is almost bald (no she doesn't chew it at all ) I am sure that all
this is linked to their diet.  PLEASE.....I don't want to loose anymore of
my babies.  I have only had ferrets for a little over a year and need all
the help I can get.

One last thing...Anything anyone can tell me about the CENTRAL FLORIDA
FERRET FRIENDS would be great.  I live in Central Florida and didn't even
know they were here.

Thanks for everything
Tarie, Minx and Fidget