From:
Bridgette Eshelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:19:22 -0500
I was not sure what else to call you since you do not want your name
revealed.  Excuse me for not being technical enough for you, or others,
concerning the poem I posted.  I see people all the time on religious
debate forums (particularly Christianity vs.  Satanism) get their panties
in a crunch over technicalities as well.  So here you go, I bought a
sheet of paper that had a poem, or several words, written on it at a well
known Native American Pow Wow in Florida.  The person that wrote the
words on this paper, unknown who the author is, could very well have
borrowed them from any person or book and changed the words to say the
Creator, God or the Universe on them.  Since people are so uptight about
religion on this list perhaps I should have altered it myself and said
"Universe" since that is rather agonistic or atheist sounding to me
personally.  I do not know if the person that wrote the poem "borrowed"
the idea from some where else nor do I care being it is a good message
that people should consider.  I am glad that you know your Alcoholics
Anonymous book so well to quote it, I have never seen it myself but it
sounds like it has great advice in it.  And whether it was written by a
Native that was transformed by the AA book or whether a Native wrote it
not realizing that it was so similar to the AA book and whether a Native
wrote it at all makes no difference to me, nor should it to any one else
really.  It has a simple and good message and that is all.  Now if they
left their name at the end of the words that would be different.  So
pardon me for not being technical in my posts.  If you have serious
issues with me you can always mail me personally since I make it clear
who I am always, just remember if you bite me, I bite back.  *smiles* I
accept your kind attack on me.  And I normally would let it slide if it
is some one else to argue their own battles.  But when I am called out
specifically I feel I have the right to either defend myself or explain
my actions....IF I so chose.  I chose to for this one and hopefully the
anonymous poster understands, it is nothing personal, I am merely calling
out my being called out.  If that made any sense!

[Quote] is Sandee just an an excuse for some to argue?  [/Quote]

I would say YES.  I am a hairdresser as a profession goes and I see and
talk with many people on a daily basis and hear their personal lives
very intimately.  I have found and come to my own personal conclusion
that some people are not happy unless they are miserable.  They are not
content inside unless they make a little drama in their lives.  And then
there are some people that just seem to like being the adversary.  To all
these people when I personally encounter them I have some simple things I
say and it all surrounds this idea.  If you do not like the way I look,
then do not look at me.  If you do not like what I say, then do not
engage conversation with me.  If you do not like what I post on-line,
then do not read my posts.  And if you are butting heads in opposite
directions in a debate..... simple chose to "agree to disagree" and move
on.  What does it really help to argue with everyone so much?  I know
on one board I go to there is one girl that I swear I lose brain cells
reading her posts, so what do I do?  I accept that she is the way she is
and I STOP reading her posts.  I am happier for it!  It is so simple, but
hardly ever is applied in life by those few people that like to be
unhappy with some thing always.  So a simple solution to Sandee's posts
for people that do not like them, it is easy considering the headers tell
what they will be about.  Stop reading them, skip over to the next topic!

So if anyone wants to argue my points I may counter in the future after
this.  But if I do not, don't take it personal, just see it is I do not
see the attack as some drama to waste my time on!  In the meantime I
think I want to focus on some thing more positive, I am still looking for
more ferret parents in FL to bond with in the near future!  Enjoy your
day and don't let the stress packed commercialization of Christmas suck
you in!  Happy Holidays!

Bridgette

Don't Believe Everything You Think...

Tampa Bay Ferret Lovers Club