Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:51:02 -0600
Hi guys;

I'm doing this from memory but I recall reading that the recommended dosage
for ferretone, and linatone was no more than two DROPS per ferret, per day.
The reason for this had to do with the amount of vitamin A contained in
these products and that exceeding the dosage could result in conditions
such as hair loss, and skin irritations, amongst other more serious
problems.

Has anyone else read this or know more info on the result of taking in too
much vitamin A?

In our household, we have never given more than that recommended amount and
actually give it to our ferrets rarely.  Recently I cut what I did have
with olive oil and they like it just the same.  So thanks to all of you
who suggested doing this... it works great.

My feeling is that cut back on the ferretone... too much of anything is not
good.

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
For the love of ferrets...
Missing Mandy... our little lioness