From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:43:02 -0400
Okay, I think most people here probably know this, but I am gradually
recovering from a problem with my feet and ankles that is partly based on
my being born with z skew clubfeet, and partly based on my developing a
neuro problem a few years back which worsened related vulnerabilities.
Now that I am recovering what happens is that at times I will go through
bouts with substantial added pain for days to weeks and then wind up
noticing an improvement.  So far, I've had about four bouts like that,
most with sensory gains.  The one I woke up past today did something more
visible.  For the first time in about 3 years my ankles were not swollen.
(They are getting some minor swelling as time goes on today but nothing
approaching what I have steadily had.)

Okay, THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD -- and ferrety!  Telemna, who is still
something of a kit, apparently noticed the change, and she gently -- so
very, very carefully nosed up my left pants leg and then she gave the
tiniest, most gentle little kisses you could imagine to my ankle.  She
was being so careful to not hurt but I think that she was also trying to
help me heal as best they can.  I have never had such gentle kisses from
her!  She is so nurturing!

Oh, gosh, before I could send this she came over and did the same thing
for my right ankle.  If love and tender kisses alone could heal she would
have me up and doing a jig!

Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List co-moderator
FHL Archives fan and regular user