From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:08:17 -0500
We give thanks

To our many friends who mailed Thanksgiving Cards to Ferret Wise, we
are Thankful. Those cards really make a difference.. not often do you
hear those words of support or encouragement.

Usually we are hearing frantic calls from ACO & rescue folks needing
assistance or direction in times of trouble.

Other times we hear the desperate cries of folks who are grief stricken
or losing their companion.

At other times we are hearing the words of casual pet owners as they
throw in the towel and we scurry to relocate their ferrets- for the
sake of the ferret.

It gets exhausting & overwhelming , month after month, year after year.
And once in a while you get a refreshing break when a person you don't
even know takes a moment out of their day to say "Thank you for what
you do."

I am happy to report we all got through the Holiday jest fine With A
Little Help From Our Friends. We had warm turkey dinner and did our
best to encourage the fur kids to try the turkey from the bird -
instead of from the gerbers jar.

We also were a little more generous than usual with the n bone treats.
Blossom was especially pleased! Little Girl is still trying to make
adjustments and fit into her new home. She is starting to stand her
ground with old guy Charlie, so it is looking hopeful for a transition
there.

Our Holiday newsletter all 252 were mailed to arrive for the Holiday
and we hope those folks received them fine.

We are digging in for another winter,... and have asked Santa to be
generous and find shelter Dad a new job! That would make us all much
merrier.

Bless you all for your encouragement & support

Alicia , shelter Mom
www.ferretwise.org
a 501c3 org.

May you all have a blessed Holiday Season.