From:
sax and violins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 1994 09:22:47 EDT
I'm going to apologize first, because I can't remember the
exact name of the magazine, or the month.  I didn't post
this earlier, as I thought someone else would, but I guess
no one else saw it.

So, the magazine was called something like "Country Life"
or "Country Living," something with Country in the title.
My mom gets it and showed me the article.  It was from
May or June.  Anyway, it was by a vet, and was great!
The vet talked about common assumptions people make about
ferrets that are *wrong*, and gave a list of the states
that mistakenly classify ferrets as wild animals.  She
cautioned would-be owners about the livelyness of ferrets,
and gave an unbiased, positive report of them in general.

One thing she mentioned is new to me.  She stated that the
two dots that are in some ferrets ears are put there when
the ferret is neutered/spayed and descented.  No mention
of that MF place.  I don't think vets do this, as mine
doesn't.  It was a bit unclear.  Perhaps the "M" place
does this to show the surgery was done?  But is it only
them?  Can someone clear this up for me?

It was a great article, regardless.  When I'm home over
the weekend, I'll see if I can locate the magazine.  Once
again, apologies for vagueness.

addie