Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:33:16 EDT
There have been several posts about the terrible and painful ways that
ferrets are euthanized.  Our vet has euthanized several of ours over
the years and it appears to be gentle and painless.  He injects a
Phenobarbital solution into there abdomen.  Other that the initial sting
of the needle, I don't believe there is any pain.  They relax and drift
off to sleep and eventually head for the bridge and peace.  It takes a
little longer this way but I believe it's more humane.  I would never let
anyone inject directly into the chest cavity unless they were already
unconscious.

If our vet can do this, I don't know why others can't learn the procedure.
Please spare the little ones the pain as the last thing they go through
before death.

Win and my geriatrics