From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:26:35 -0500
Good Morning All!

And it will be a good day! Our little black sable female found near
death on Monday morning will come home with me tonite! Yippee!

Her lab results came in and there appears to be no permanent damage
to her internal organs. She lost two toes and a part of her tail to
frostbite. There is some residual damage to the tops of both of her
ears but there is a small chance they will heal.

She is readily taking in food by syringe and still on IV fluids to
continue to hydrate her. She on Pred for now. But I agree with the
veterinarian who cared for her, she will receive better 24/7 care at
the shelter and with me. Now it's up to her and because she is young,
we hope she will recover.

Here's something interesting....the veterinarian that treated Mercy did
not treat "exotics" until she arrived on Monday. Mercy was taken to a
veterinary clinic that the ACS uses and they did a bang-up job, I
think!! He was even kind enough to reduce the bill a few bucks to help
me out. He is even seriously considering treating ferrets now. I told
him I think he should.

But, she will be with me, and that is fabulous! Thank you everyone for
your prayers so far.

Maren Qualls
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS