Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:59:38 -0500
Hey Everyone,

Since I sent off my note last night rather quickly, I think I failed to
make myself extremely clear on some things.

First, the reason that ferrets are illegal is because of a vet who used to
teach at University of Missouri-Columbia and who used to also serve on the
state health board.  He considers ferret to be wild animals and dangerous
because they are not domesticated.  So two main issues are going to be
involved.  Bite stats and domestication evidence.

What things I am looking for are stats and history on domestication issues
that deal with the source of the information, not just second hand
information.  I know this guy is going to be tough, everyone is expecting
him to be.  So I want to get good solid information to wave in his face.

Thanks tle for the site info. That does have some good bite stats on it and
I will look further to see what else I can find.

Common sense is not going to be an issue here. What will be is cold hard
facts, so that we can defeat this educated and respected gentleman's
opinions. And this will be hard considering his background.

I am still extremely stressed from the surgeries and am gearing up for the
others tomorrow. The three from last night are doing really well, if not
moving a lot yet. Ouch!! I cannot blame them.

Mo Mag's and her Magnificent Mob