From:
Denis Dubois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 19:19:59 -0700
Whidbey's second adrenal/exporatory surgery has been post-poned at the
surgeon's suggestion.  The pre-op blood work came back with really high
levels of the liver enzyme ALT.  He said that the normal level is 100, with
a high normal of 289, but Whidbey's was 386.  She has also started getting
leisions (sp?) or sores on her hairless abdomen that come & go in about a
day or two.  The dr.  wasn't sure if these could be caused by side effects
of the lysodren or could we also have some liver problems.  As we just
stopped the lysodren last Thursday, he suggested that we wait 21 days then
redo the blood test.

Has anyone else had these kind of side effects from this drug?  We would
really appreciate any info.

Thanks again

Edith & co.

ps.  loved the story about the Alaska's olympic team trip to Atlanta.  I can
just picture the little fert w/ the ice on his head.  ROFL.