From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:43:06 -0600
I just got a call from Kenosha Animal Hospital today, I have 7 adrenal
ferrets, all needing surgery, sooner or later, and sooner the better for
them.  Well, Dr. Carlisle also does all the orthopedic surgeries for
this and Racine area, it seems, and he has been very booked, so... my
wonderful vet, even as stressed out as he gets and cranky, is coming
in on Wednesday, his day off to take all 7 ferrets, and give them, his
undivided attention and doing all the surgeries on Wednesday, and then
to top it off, he always take them home with him over night, to monitor
them through the night, to release them just before closing to me the
following day.  Dr. Carlisle has also done (cruciate?  surgery on my
Zeus, his first ferret ) months ago... reattaching the ligament so Zeus
could walk again.

I am wracking my brain trying to think of a way to express my
appreciation of his willingness to do this for me.  I am at a loss,
cards are okay, candy is for the office girls,... got any suggestions,

I am asking you . on Wednesday , we are meeting at 6:30 a.m. to pray
that his hands are guided in each surgery that he performs, to do what
is in best interest for each and everyone of my ferrets, Bingo, Sadie,
Binky, Jasmine, Titan, Marshmallow (1 kidney) and hip problems, as well
as my 10 week lost, ferret Epimetheus aka Eppy.  Sadie is the ferret
girl who was hypersalivating and nearly died on me a wk or so ago, also.
Marshmallow has already had adrenal surgery before... so she is my
biggest concern, followed close on the heels by Jasmine ..  then Sadie,
but I know they are in good hands with Dr. Carlisle and their creator.

It is going to be a long day.  Thank goodness there is enough work to
keep me busy at home.

Thank you
Donna and the furried ones...