From:
Cristy Kit Crider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:50:25 -0600
Hello all FML'rs.....Kit's Critters in Illinois, we need your help

On Dec 10th, our rescue received and email about ferrets needing a home
out of Racine , Wisconsin from Countryside Animal Shelter, 3 ferrets to
be exact. I offered my assistance if no one else closer came forward or
was not able to help at this time. I contacted a friend who helps me
with pickups up North once in a while, he agreed to help. We had a
permanent home ready for them, they would have never even came to us
here, they were going right to their new home. The ferrets were to be
picked up on Monday Dec. 17th.

We found out Monday someone from my Rescue had already picked them up
on Sunday. "This person was not from my Rescue, but used my name and
now has all my personal information." A woman with a child, brought
three carriers into the Animal Shelter and said she was there to pick
up the 3 ferrets. The Animal Shelter replied to her..."You are early,
thought you were coming Monday, {the unknown woman said},we changed our
minds"...Not knowing any different the Shelter had her sign the paper
with my info on it, and gave her the ferrets. The signature is not
legible, and know one knows who this woman is. I am appalled over the
fact that someone used my name and I am concerned over where these
ferrets are now. The unknown woman even scolded the Animal Shelter
about the wood shavings in the ferrets cage.{They were housed below
rabbits and it fell into their cage, just in case anyone wants to
know.....}

If anyone has any information about who this woman is, we would
appreciate a response from you. All the Rescues in Wisconsin are
on top of it also and helping us, including the Animal Shelter.

AGAIN....The ferrets we arranged for pickup in Racine Wisconsin from
the Countryside Animal Shelter were picked up early by an unknown
person who lead animal shelter to think she was from Kit's Critters in
Illinois. The signature was signed only with initials MNR, or MMR....
The post about the ferrets only went out through Ferret Whisperer and
Friends of Ferrets. If someone sent my post out to other groups, would
you please email me and let me know.......

If the person that did this is reading this, we would like to know why
and who you are?If the ferrets are in a good home this is one thing,
but using my name to do this is disturbing, underhanded and not to
mention fraudulent......

Thank you for any and all help in this matter.

Kit Crider
My contact info
Jack & Cristy "Kit" CriderKit's Critters Ferret Rescue and Shelter
Promoting and Protecting the well-being of Ferrets
phone/618-466-2660fax/618-466-2213