Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:01:58 EDT
I had to help my little boy Bert across the bridge today, many of you
know how hard that is to let go and say good bye to one of your babies.

Bert came to me along with his brother Ernie as rescues, Bert turned
out to be just a sweet kid who loved to be held, gave good kisses,
slept on his back and one of the few that was litter trained.

I will miss him coming by the sofa and stretching up to ask in his
eyes, "Whatcha doin Dad"?

I held him for a very long time after he fell asleep but eventually
brought him home to be under the big oak tree and to be beside his
brothers and sisters that have gone before.

I know that there were some of my babies waiting for him to cross the
bridge, telling him to come on and be healthy and happy again, play and
eat, drink and nap and one day, old dad will be coming to see us and be
with us forever

Patrick Hallahan

Loving dad to all those that have gone and to the ten that are still
with me

Goodnight Bertie, I miss you