From:
Dee Vecchione <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:36:53 -0500
Hi,

I have a custom built Peter Koch cage.  I have been very happy with it.
He builds quality cages.  Not a single problem in 6 years of ownership.
Mine is the green-coated wire, with a pull out tray and wheels.  It's a
great cage!

Speaking of which, I am moving to Ohio in one week.  I no longer have a
use for this cage.  In fact, it's been sitting empty for a year.  I only
have Fozzie, now, who is 7 years old with a weak hind end.  His back legs
are too weak to handle the ramps, so he has been free-roam in the ferret
room for a year now.

The cage is four feet wide, by 6 feet high.  It is four levels high, and
two units across.  It is extremely versatile, in that there is a trap
door that can be opened or closed on the third level.  The design allows
it to be 2 four-story cages, 4 two-story cages, or 1 four story-cage and
2-two story cages.  See what I mean about versatile?  It has linoleum
flooring and is in great shape!  I paid $400.00 for it in 1997, at which
point it was actually 6 feet long.  It was too long to turn it into the
ferret room in our new house, so he came out and shortened it by two feet
in 2000, for an additional $100.00.  So, I have over $500.00 invested in
this cage.

I am offering it for FREE to a ferret shelter in the South Jersey,
Delaware, Pennsylvania or Maryland areas, with a verifiable 501C status.
I am including tons of hammies, sleep sacks, litter boxes and a few water
bottles.  The only hitch is that YOU must be able to pick it up by
Tuesday, March 25th.  It must be transported by a full-size pick up,
van, or SUV.  It will not fit in anything smaller.  You might also
consider renting the smallest U-Haul truck, afterall a rental fee is a
small price to pay for the cage and all the freebies!

It is up for grabs!  The first shelter who contacts me, can transport it
with no problem and can verify the 501C status, takes it!

If I don't hear from any shelters, then I will accept $300.00 from a
private owner with the extras, or $250.00 for just the cage.  Again,
first one I hear from aside from a shelter will take it.  The shelters
will have first dibs, though.

Dodie in Swedesboro, NJ (exit 10 off of I-295)