From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:15:18 -0700
I am a fairly new subscriber to the FML.

I am in need of some information.  The problem that I have revolves around a
Silver Mit named Sammy.  I acquired him in Houston, TX.  They told me that
this ferret had been give to them to sell because the owner did not want it.
They said that the ferret could not be box trained and that he was a biter.
Well, never being one to believe myself perfect either, decided that we were
a perfect match.  I purchased Sammy and took him to a vet in Houston.  The
vet guessed him to be between one and two years old.  I then had all the
necessary shots given to him and we went on our way.  Well, two years later
he has done wonderfully.  I have always believed that miracles can happen if
enough TLC is applied to the situation.  Within two months Sammy was 95% box
trained and he quit biting.  He has become a very loving ferret that loves
to be held.

I have always noticed that his stomach has had less hair on it then the rest
of his body.  Is this normal?  I just noticed yesterday that his tail is
going bald He also has some tiny black spots in that area.  The FAQ suggests
that the stress of changing into his winter coat can sometimes cause this.
If this year is like last year, he puts on a sweater, jacket, and coat for
the winter.  Nothing else has changed that would cause stress in his life.
It also states that hair loss can be caused by adrenal problems.  I am
extremely worried about my babies!  They are my life!  I have never had any
blood work or tests done on him.  If anyone has ever experienced this with
their fuzzies, I sure would appreciate any advice that you could give.
What, if any, tests should I have run on him.

Is this something that I need to be extremely worried about?  Do I need to
take him to the vet immediately?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jason - the owner?
Sammy - Where is all my hair going?
Doris - I sure love my new wig!