From:
What's meant to be will always find a way <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 17:59:13 EDT
Hi to all fuzzy owners out there, my name is Sandra and I have recently
brought home an 8 week old Sable named Pepe'.  I put off buying one because
I heard all kinds of stories about Ferrets biting, them not liking kids,
etc., but despite it all, I decided to take a gamble and he's been a
complete joy to have.  I took him to the vets the first week to make sure he
was healthy and to get his second distemper shot which he took like a
Ferret!!!  He loves to lick, lick and them chomp on the inside of the elbow
which can be pretty sharp, but when I feel the lick - lick, I grab him just
in time and he gives me such the smile.  I told everyone at work about him
and what I've done with him in the short time I've had him and one of my
co-worker's came up with a cute poem.

Ode to Pepe'!
*************

Sandy's got a new baby at home to love.
He's so little, he could fit in a glove.
He's cute and furry, in her lap he does sleep.
She bought him two weeks ago, and he wasn't CHEAP!

He doesn't prowl around, he isn't a cat.
He doesn't fly in the sky, he's not a bat.
He doesn't sing songs, he's not a parrot.
In case you don't know, he's Pepe, the ferret!

Sandy takes him wherever she goes,
He just crawls into her jacket and wiggles his nose.
He goes shopping, he goes out to eat.
When he pokes his head out of her jacket, everyone thinks he's neat.

The other day Pepe went to see Liz.
He was so excited, on her carpet he did wiz.
Beth was afraid, she stayed glued to her seat.
She was frightened he would attack her feet!

Then one day, he made quite a trip.
He went to King Richards Faire attached to Sandy's hip.
The Queen was quite taken and full of delight.
She decided to make him a knight!

So Pepe you see, is no ordinary pet.
He is as royal as a ferret can get!!!!

I read all the mail when I get the chance and some of the stories I've read
really  bother  me.   It upsets me to think what some people will do to the
fuzzies.  I've also enjoyed  all  the  happy stories I've read and it makes
a  person  feel  all  warm  and  (fuzzy) inside... Glad to be a part of the
fuzzy cycle..