From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 23:25:37 -0700
Bridge Greeters,

My 7 yo baby girl had to leave us today. I took her to our outstanding
vet because she wasn't eating and she was dehydrated, despite my giving
her subq fluids. The blood work came back indicating kidney failure.
She looked like she was miserable, so I made the heart wrenching
decision to have my baby girl put to sleep.

Brody came to the shelter in 2004 when she was around 1.5 years old.
The woman who gave her up said she was a biter and that's why they
called her "Vicious". This "vicious" girl never bit hard enough to
break the skin in the years she was with us. In early 2005, I decided
to adopt her since she'd been in the shelter for awhile. Besides, I
loved her funny looking face. See, she has only 1/2 a mask, you can see
a picture of her here: www.ferretlady.org/ferrets.html. She was always
the most playful girl! She loved to play the "biting" game where she
grabbed at your hand while you tickled her tummy. I'd say to her,
"Brody Toady you are so Vicious!" But she was actually a Daddy's girl.
My husband would walk up to the ferret cage or the gate into the ferret
room and if Brody saw him, she'd run like lightning to get to him to be
picked up. He would button up his chamois shirt and put her down the
front so that her head could stick out--I'm so upset that I never got a
picture of it! :( I'm going to miss you baby girl--Oy and Sasha Fierce
miss you too. Your daddy misses you most of all.

It's been a long time since I requested a greeting, but I felt now was
the time since she went down hill so quickly and I don't feel like I
had enough time to say good bye. I love you Brody Baby, my little
Vicious, vicious twirly girly! I will see you again, I know it.

Melanee Ellis
And now they are two: Oy and Sasha Fierce
"The Ferret Lady"
Eugene, OR