From:
Wendy C Bollinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 20:00:42 EST
Hey gang!  I've heard (read?) all the talk about tube-like things for the
ferts.  I've got another suggestion for you--drainage tubes.  You know, the
ones that you run from your drain for your gutters to make the rain water go
where _you_ want it to go.  It is nicely ridged, and its all plastic!!
There are no wires to worry about if you cut the tubing.  I haven't tried
cutting it myself yet, but it doesn't seem like it will be a big deal--it
may take a heavy duty box cutter or shears though.  It cost my $2.90 for a
10 foot length at Home Depot.  You can also buy T-fittings, Y-fittigns, and
elbows, as well as regular, round connectors.  These were all between $3-5!
_MUCH_ cheaper than the Ferret-trails tubes!  Reeba really enjoys playing in
them.  The first time we brought the one home, we opened the bottom door of
the cage and put one end of the tube into the cage, the other end went out
to the living room.  She went into the tube, down to the other end, turned
around, went back, etc., etc., about 4-5 times!  It was great!  i can't wait
to get the fittings and make mazes & stuff for her to explore.

Wendy C. Bollinger