From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:17:58 -0400
Suggested possible diagnoses are correct, but many vets also can and do
regularly tackle right adrenals

Look in the EXCELLENT links in the Critical References at
http://www.ferretcongress.org and read up there on info to help
answer both of your question sets.

>Any suggestions on flavors they like other than Chicken?

Ashling is a pig for beef or for turkey.  Shermie loves lamb and loves
veal.  I have heard of ones who enjoy ham.  a/d is also a possibility.
Read up, too, on introducing flavors and new foods.  They OFTEN reject a
food at first till they realize it won't hurt them.

Is there a chance of knowing more about the threatened euthanasia
question set (Re: Titusville) since it is the only way to know what needs
to be tackled or how FML members can help?  You know: who said it, why it
was said, what needs changing (laws, policies, opinions).  (I kind of
feel like I am having to repeat myself a lot since that has been and is
my main area of questions -- with the secondary one trying to clarify if
those abusers have repeated which Sue says that they haven't yet -- but
everything else gets answered except the euthanasia statement questions.)
My emphasis in asking is on making things better for the future.  I know
you folks are exhausted, but that this is an effort to help make thing
better for the future and that is why the questions are important keeps
being missed, so if one of you gets a spare moment sometime in the next
few days to answer those few things about that statement and why it was
made, please... It could really help you.  The FML is a GREAT resource.
Time and again just by sharing publicly people find sources of
information and useful contacts who can help things change for the
better.

I am very glad that you, Michelle, and Sue were able to clear up the
rumors and the statements on that other website.  By doing so publicly
you have no need to repeat yourselves and given what rumor mills are like
you likely squelched rumors by getting the first hand information to many
people at once.

Rabbits: just recall that there have been and are exceptions with
domestic ferrets who are friendly with rabbits, large birds, prairie
dogs, chinchilla, etc.  I can even recall one who adopted a mouse and
was written about here on the FML.  These are EXCEPTIONS, but it never
hurts to just keep in the back of one's mind that now and then an
exception can happen.