From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 18:49:09 EDT
I live in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  Last night on the
local B.R. CBS news they spotlighted a ferret and cat from Austin, Texas.
The animals had been raised together and also released to the local animal
shelter together.  The pair was up for adoption with the request the two be
adopted out together.  It was real cute.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a post about a woman that had gone to ED's
shelter to adopt a ferret.  She did adopt a ferret but voiced her concern
about the small cages the ferrets were being held in.  Did I miss a response
on this post?  If I did you can delete this part of my message and direct me
as to where I might find it.

My six month old albino ferret Lilly is still sooooo skittish.  Lilly has
lived with me since she was 6-8 weeks old.  She is not deaf and can see.
She has run of my home and will come to me when I call her but nips at
everything.  In the middle of the night she will crawl into bed with me and
nip me.  She acts like she has to sneak around, grab a bite of food and run
with it.  She seems to be very nervous.  Any suggestions.  I also have a
year old sable ferret Oscar that is the most laid back animal I have ever
owned.  I thought she would be a calm ferret being she hangs out with Oscar.
Lilly is a very sweet ferret that loves to give kisses but does not want
to be held for long and will not lay in your lap or sleep close to me.

Carol Voivedich, Oscar ferret and Sweet Lilly