Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:37:21 EST
Just had to share one of those memorable moments in time:

After I fed MiniMe her soup this morning, she was feeling SO good, she
made it all the way... kind of staggering sideways... to the other end
of the house. And then? This ancient bag of bones actually tried to
scruff and be mean to a ferret. MiniMe has been the Alpha for a number
of years...and NOT a kind dictator. She had a nightmare childhood. I
believe that it demented her and affected how she responded to cues.
Ferrets would scurry out of her way or suffer a mean scruffing. Only
males who laid on their back in submission were her buddies.

She has been so frail for a number of months, that SHE would be the one
to leave the area if another ferret came towards her. So it was most
interesting to see her trying to scruff a young healthy teenager fert.
It was easy to escape her. And no one has hurt her in any way. But
MiniMe still has gumption.

She is still wishing to live. I am glad I made the choice not to put
her down last week. Just to see this one attempted act of the once
mighty MiniMe... I feel that I have made the right moves so far as
we spiral towards the end.