From:
Dee Race <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 15:07:21 EDT
TNT has a Beastmaster movie marathon with the showing of Beastmaster;
Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time; and Beastmaster III: The Eye of
Braxus last nite and this morning.  The original Beastmaster was done in
1982 with Marc Singer and, of course, the adorable thieves KODO and PODO.
It's not like I live on a remote desert island but I had never seen the
original movie nor had I seen it the 900+ times it's been on TNT.  All I
can say is I'm glad I didn't have to pay money to see it.... what a lame
movie(s).  Joe Bob Briggs, (it was bad enough to have to endure the movie
just to catch the ferrets, but JBB is such a moron).  During the breaks of
the first movie, he had a woman by the name of Patty Israelson as a guest
displaying her ferrets.  Unfortunately, I was distracted during most of her
segment, but she had a geriatric silver and a kit (I think).  During one
of her segments she brought out 2 one-week old kits.  I remember them
discussing fetching slippers.  The movie(s) gave ferrets great exposure,
although I was annoyed by the squeaky toy noises by the sound effect guys
and the shot of this little kid feeding them a carrot like you would a
horse.  The ferrets were the only cool part of the movie Unfortunately, I
could only endure 1/4 of the second movie.

Dee Beau & Nilla