From:
Rose Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:31:32 EDT
This is the craziest day we ever had (me and Jeff).

This all started last night when I noticed that my girl Willow was
missing.  My roommate told me that he found Zorro wandering in the living
room and could not find the another one, I started to worry and started
to look for her in my room, I keep both of them in my room.  Willow
usually hides in some weird places in my room and just sleeps for the
longest time and scares me million times.  I thought that was probably it
so I looked around for her in my room, I looked every place and no sign
of her, I got sooo scared, thinking that she might have gone into the
basement so I asked my roommate if the basement door was open.  He said
it was a little opened; we usually keep it closed so I quickly went down
there tearing the room apart, yelling for her name.  No sign of her.
There is a room in the basement with door; my boyfriend keeps two
alligator and a croc in there.  I didn't think she would be there because
that door was closed and it had a board blocking it when the door was
open.  I forgot that willow was a quiet climber; she once climbed on
computer wire to get on my computer desk!

I looked in that room anyways, I saw the alligators swimming in their
pond, I didn't see anything unusual, I was too upset to look really hard
so I waited for my boyfriend to come home from work, I was really upset
and thinking she's really gone like Pixie, the one I lost last year.  So
this morning me and Jeff looked in the basement and everywhere in the
apartment again, No sign of her, I got more upset and was ready to give
up.  Jeff talked to our roommate and asked him more questions about what
happened he got the feeling that Willow was in the gator/croc room so he
wanted to check there, I kept saying impossible that she would have gone
in there (forgetting that she's very nosey and curious girl and can
really climb!) We looked in there anyways; Jeff found this hole in the
mulch near the corner of the room.  He said look I think Willow dug that,
I said no an I think alligators was burrowing there.  But Jeff didn't
think it was the case because they don't dig like that suddenly.  So he
started to dig and call out her name.  Immediately her head popped up
on the other side of the room, on the edge of the gator/croc pond where
they were swimming!  Jeff quickly grabbed her out of there, we cried and
hugged her.  I will never never underestimate willow!  Jeff said that she
was very very lucky because the gators/crocs were waiting or probably
were after her for dinner because they heard and smelled her; they were
swimming and waiting for her.  Jeff said that Willow probably heard them
hissing and got really scared and started to dig and hide under the
blocks underneath the mulch.  I am going to put every board on the doors
just to be really really really safe!  Zorro was really thrilled to see
her, he actually smiled!  I swear he smiled!  I just had to share this.

Have a good day

Ferret kisses from Zorro and almost gator/Croc's food willow, Rose & Jeff