From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:01:08 -0500
Susan Mannon - you did a much better job of explaining Dr. Brown's post (yes
the well reknown Dr. Brown) on whipping cream for insulomina patients (the
heavier version of milk, not the canned kind you put on a sundae).  Trish -
she specifically said that ferrets tolerate some lactose ok (no diarrehea)
contrary to what we've all been told.  I decided to check it out for myself
because Boris loves skim milk but I was always afraid to give him more than
a tiny lick.  I used teaspoon portions with no negative effects.

Mary, Boris and Giesela