Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:10:01 MST
Hi!

What kinds of experiences have you had with surgery and insulinoma.  THe
four vets I've consulted all feel that it is in Gracie's best interest to
go ahead with surgery before she gets sicker.  Gracie is 3 and has been on
Pred for a couple months now.  She's been doing well on Pred.  I've heard
that there have been a lot of ferrets lost during surgery due to
complications and the anesthesia.  They feel that I should keep her on Pred
until it's no longer effective and use surgery as a last result.  But if I
wait to long she could be too weak for surgery.  I feel like I'm jammed
between a rock and a hard place.  I want to do everything I possibly can to
lengthen and add quality to her life.  She is especially special to me
because she was a gift from my dear friends at Ferret Rescue of Tidewater
when I lost my little girl Zima to a ruptured spleen.  Shortly after we
lost Zima and welcomed Gracie we lost 2 more in quick succesion.  Gracie is
the only one left who knew 'the boys' Baloo and Raja.  Needless to say
we've been through the ringer.  If you have any insight at all it would be
greatly appreciated!  I've scheduled surgery for her the morning of the
23rd, I just need to be sure I'm doing the right thing.

Also please send healthy dook vibes to both Mortimer and Gracie the morning
of the 23rd.  Mortimer is one of my fosters that is going in for Adrenal
surgery.  My heart goes out to you who have also loved and lost, they're
worth every moment of pain though aren't they.

THanks and dooks,

Eva and The Kids

Gracie- I'm just too tired to play mommy.... no wait I have to save you
from the sock monster!

Mortimer- Just cause I stink and beat up on everyone doesn't mean I can't
play with you guys!

Seymour- thank goodness Mortimer's not allowed to chew on my neck anymore!

Daisy Mae- I just luuuv to hide so mommy can't find me and watch her freak
out tearing the place apart looking for me!  TEEHEE

Dante- Just keep those furry monsters away from me and I'll be just fine!

Zeus- I'm in Luv with Lucy! Especially when she makes that funny rumbling
noise when I lick her ears.

Lucy the kitten- What luck to be adopted into a family with 6 live toys for
me to play with!  I just love it when Zeus licks my ears so I can snoooz
between playtimes!