From:
John King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 23:33:10 -0600
We are new to the list and thrilled to be connected to so many other
ferret-friends.  My name is Michelle and my boyfriend, John, and I got
out new baby at Christmas.  Her name is Natasha (Tasha for short) and she
was 13 weeks old yesterday.  The breeder called her coloring a
Shetland-Mit Mix.  I don't know if that is a standard color name or just the
breeders own lingo.  Her head and neck are white, she has brown ears and
brown around the eyes and her body is a medium to dark brown with white
feet.  Has anyone heard of this color designation?

We discovered after about a week that Tasha is deaf.  She is very healthy
in every other respect. We were surprised that even though she can't hear
she still makes quite a few noises.  Does anyone who has had experience
with deaf ferrets have any general advice about training techniques (such
as getting it across that she has nipped too hard)?

Since Tasha is our first ferret we are still learning but having a lot of
fun in the process.

Was the ferret in the Northern Exposure episode a silver ferret?  Just
curious.

Did anyone know anything more about the possible ferret gathering in St.
Louis that someone mentioned might happen in the spring?

Happy play time to everyones fuzzy friends.

Michelle, John, and Tasha the spoiled