From:
Kay and Mike Amrine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:57:02 EST
>Maybe a herding breed would work better - imagine a Border Collie
>herding ferrets :-)

This brought back some memories. :o)  When we got our first ferrets we
had a shetland sheepdog named Lilly who could not stand it if she could
not see all of our ferrets.  We at one point had 5 and I'd let them out
and they would go all different directions and it would drive her crazy.
She'd pick them up by their scruff (or sometimes by the tail on the
snippity little girl we had) and she would put them in her dog bed.
Lilly woud get 2 or 3 in the bed and go to put the fourth in and the
others would be gone, she would give me a look of despair and go back to
collecting.  This would go on for hours until she was exhausted and she
would eventually lay in her bed and watch them trot by.  LOL  Finally as
they got tired they would come crawl on top of her and lay down or crawl
into the bed I had beside hers for them.  Hours of entertainment for all.

Kay