From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 20:17:10 -0400
As many of you know Ferret Friends of Indian River County International has
a membership of over 700 - of which only 30 actually reside in Indian River
County.  The membership in Indian River County was notified last night of
the passing of Ferret Friend Steven Clair - most of us didn't get much
sleep.

Steven was near and dear to the members here - at Fourteen was a responsible
young man.  He dearly loved animals and assisted in rescue and shelter.
 Steven's latest rescue was a kitten.  Steven't two ferrets were his pride
and joy  - he never missed an opportunity to educate his school mates on the
needs, care, and  responsiblity of ferret ownership.  Steven was my right
hand at the Great Speghettil Dinner Fund raiser for Shelter Ferrets and
helped raise $701.27.  While S.T.A.R. and Ferret Friends Disaster Response
International was exhibiting at the HSUS EXPO 95 in Orlando Steve took over
shelter sitting so shelter dad Larry Huston could participate at the EXPO.

Tomorrow evening there is a visitation at a local funeral home and most
members of FFIRCI (who reside in Indian River County) will be there.

We were informed tonight that over 250 of his school mates will attend the
visitation tomorrow night and the services on Saturday.

Almost all of you on the FML never had a special opportunity to know Steven -
but I know all of you want to know a fourteen year old such as Steven - who
cares so much for animals.

So I ask as a favor.  If some of you could e-mail me notes of comfort and
love for his family I would appreciate it.   And I will take the notes to the
family  We as a ferret community need more young people like Steven.  My
E-Mail address is [log in to unmask]

Steven is greating our beloved kids as they cross the Rainbow Bridge

Thank You
Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County International