Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:58:09 EST
I cannot-I really can't thank all of you- for offering to send the poem
books.  I might have 50 or 60 e-mails here!!!!.  Most people who wrote do
not run a shelter.  They share a story of how a shelter touched his or her
life and have offered to help me if I donate to the shelter that has
impacted his or her life..  Once again the story of how we are all
connected is shared.

Please -- this holiday-- share your shelter stories with all of us.  There
are at least 48 people who have been touched by the devotion, commitment,
and caregiving of various shelters that wrote.  I know most of us have a
special story or a precious moment that we relish: or a certain person we
admire.

I am sending $30 to Ferrets Unlimited as they were simply the first e-mail
I read that had the books.  I wish I were a millionaire to send all of you
money for the tiny ones we love so much.  I really do.  I really wanted
these before Christmas.  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

I did receive a nice e-mail from someone who E-mailed me before stating
that there really is a shelter with a name I cannot say and that no one
knows of [at least no one I know].  But Mary has never asked for a check
in her name instead of FAIR.  Norm has never asked for a check in his name
instead of GCFA.  Alicia never asked I write her a check instead of
Ferretwise, etc.  The check is to be written out to the shelter IF that is
a legitimate legal name.  That is only good business.  It avoids monkey
business.  { Sorry if your hair color is the same as mine :-} }

I have written several times of my personal shelter hero--Mary of FAIR in
Illinois.

*Please tell us your remembrances of what touched your heart at the ferret
shelter you hold in esteem.*

"For everyone who asks receives,
and everyone who searches finds,
and for everyone who knocks