From:
Alice Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:51:58 -0500
The post on bad eyes reminded me of Phoebe who became blind with old age.
She was an inspiration, as she didn't let her blindness stop her from
enjoying her leisurely strolls around the house.  Even though she bumped
into things often, she kept her pace up and remained eager to get out of
her cage.

As happens, her other senses became keener and she could hear the
slightest noise and wake up to different aromas in the kitchen, such
as coffee brewing in the morning and supper cooking in the evening.

If I ever lose my eyesight, her memory should help because she was brave
and kept enjoying what she could to the end.

Alice