From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 02:03:42 -0800
I use Laxatone for my kids.  it seems to prevent minor
hairballs, too.  and they really like the taste.  i don't know
if that is how you spell it, tho.
a trick another ferret owner taught me - squeak a squeaky toy
(or some other noticeable sound) and then give them the
laxatone (or whatever treat).  they will learn to come to the
sound and if ever you can't find somebody -- squeak away.  it
takes them about three times to learn it.  one of my boys comes
when my dog plays with her squeaky toy!

note to "poor fuzzy" -- pretzel is actually quite lively (for a
4 1/2 year old) and doesn't seem to notice her hair loss!  i
watched her climb up and down a cat tree today!  she's a nut.
she also seems to have a severe shaking problem (which she had
before she lost her hair) and i am wondering if that has to do
with the tumor.  hmmmm.  we even cut the end off a sock and
slipped it on her (to keep her warm).  she looked SO CUTE!
but, alas, she took it off.  rather be naked, i suppose.
thanks for the sympathy!