From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:46:34 -0500
Just thought I'd share this funny Christmas laugh with you:

The funniest thing happened with a discarded Christmas wrapping paper tube
(the jumbo roll size).  It was just big enough for the two girls to get
through easily.  They were having the greatest time >>squeezing<< through
it, and were sickeningly smug that neither of the boys could fit through.

Furry tried a few times and always panicked and pulled out when he got to
his butt which DID NOT want to fit through.  Frisky would put his head
inside, go up to his neck and promptly back out, with a "NO WAY!" expression
on his face.

Then I noticed that the tube was wiggling on the floor and both girls were
standing there watching it.  I kept a close eye on it so I could watch for
signs of panic, in which case I would pick up one end, and gently shake it
to help slide the trapped ferret out.  To my amazement, a little black
masked face appeared out of the end.  Then slowly Furry pulled and wiggled
himself out of the tube, like a lady tugging herself out of a much too tight
girdle.  I swear he had a smile on his face!

He hasn't attempted to do this since; I think that he just wanted to do it
one time "because it was there".  And of course, he had to prove to the
girls that he could.

Merry Christmas!